I am a make-up girl; always have been, always will be. Some may say I am “psycho” for how much I spend trying out the latest and greatest products — to those people, I say, “you’re welcome, it’s a tough job but somebody’s gotta do it.”
In all seriousness, I have definitely done my my fair share of research and exploration into designer beauty products. At this stage of the game, I have moved on from trying to find the best of each category, and use what works for me. I have always had very “normal” skin, of course I encounter the occasional blemish, oily t-zone, or dry patch; but that is to be expected with any skin type.
A few years back I went insane at a MAC counter, blacked out, and went home with over $400 of products; worst of all, they were not right for me or my skin. The foundation was too heavy, the concealer was too light, and my friends called me “the joker” when I wore the lipstick that I picked out. Needless to say, I stayed away from there for a while; but a few weeks ago when my friend Ali needed a makeover for her birthday, I returned to MAC only to be dazzled by their product line.
1. Pro Longwear Concealer: This stuff is amazing. I have dark circles under my eyes, and just half of a pump of this full coverage concealer covers them up for the entire day – the formula even boasts a 15 hour wear time.
2. Matchmaster Foundation: First off, I love that this foundation is SPF 15; I work in a building with a skylight ceiling, and it seems silly to be unprotected during the day. The buildable coverage is perfect for nights when I want to create an even palette for the rest of my make up, and for the days when I prefer a barely-there, natural look. This formula reduces shine and absorbs oil – score – all while offering a customized shade in a demi-matte finish.
3. Mineralize Skin Finish: This setting powder keeps your make up fresh looking all day, and can tone down any areas where you’ve deposited too much make up.
4. Philosophy Purity Cleanser: My sister got me this for Christmas and I am obsessed. It is effective and gentle; even removing eye make up without stinging. Although I am fine to use plain-old Neutrogena cleanser, this leaves my skin feeling perfectly clean and balanced, and a bit pampered.
5. Josie Maran Infinity Argan Oil: For those days when my skin is thirsty, I slather this on and can feel an immediate change. It is non-greasy, naturally hydrating, gentle… oh and did I mention it creates the most luminous glow?
6. Jurlique Rosewater: I spray this on after I’ve washed my face to restore, tone, and hydrate all in one simple spritz. If I know I’ll be out and about all day, I carry it with me for a bit of a refresher.Full Post